Crete Park District is often in need of volunteers and employees to join our team. Most positions are part
time, seasonal and volunteer. All employment opportunities will be posted on this page, along with applications.
(Full background checks and drug testing may be required.) Please be advised volunteers and
people needing community service hours are also required to complete the volunteer application posted
below. We look forward to hearing from you!
TO APPLY for any position at Crete Park District, please submit a resume, three professional
references, and an employment application by mail or email to:
Crete Park District, 515 First Street, Crete, IL 60417
If you are in need of Volunteer or Community Service hours, please return the appropriate form below
at the Willard Wood Park Center, 515 First St, in Crete.
Openings as of 8/24/2020
- Position Type:
Part Time - Recreation/Child Care Staff
Old Plank Trail Bank: south building
- Date Available:
08/31/2020 – 10/16/2020 with possibility to be extended
Title: E-Learning Moderator Classification: Part Time
Program: E-Learning Program Department: General Recreation
Direct Supervisor: Recreation Superintendent Hours: 7:30am-3:30pm (Hours may vary)
Pay Rate: $11-$15 DOE
E-Learning with the Crete Park District was developed to provide full day supervision/care when students are not attending in person classes in their home schools. Moderators are responsible for maintaining the physical distance setting to complement instruction from schools, including supervision, some technical support, and socialization for grade-school aged children. The Moderator is responsible for implementing and supervising various activities including temperature checks, food distribution and daily activities. E-Learning will ensure a program in which participants have a safe & supportive experience.
- Temperature checks upon arrival
- Create a safe, supportive, interactive and engaging environment for youth.
- Positively interacts with youth, parents/guardians and other team members to create a respectful, warm, supportive environment.
- Maintains accurate attendance, instructional and other records as necessary
- Must have the proven ability to establish constructive relationships and interact as a positive role model for youth.
- Ability to lead short daily activities and supervise participant free play.
- Communicate consistently with supervisors and peers.
- Comply with established rules and regulations to ensure safety.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience with children is preferred.
- Must be able to supervise participants and have safety awareness.
Lifeguards and Swim Instructors. Part-time positions are available for indoor lifeguards and swimming instructors. Hours are Monday through Friday 4-9 PM. Applicants must possess previous swimming experience and Lifeguard Certification, with Water Safety Instructor Certification a plus. The American Red Cross Learn to Swim program will be featured. Apply at the office or contact Janel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-672-6969.
APPLY NOW at the Crete Park District! We are hiring for the following positions:
Soccer Referees: Must have knowledge of the game. Games are played on Thursday Evenings and Saturday mornings. Beginning in April.
Swim Instructors/Lifeguards: Must be knowledgeable in swim strokes. Lifeguard Certified. Monday – Thursday 4PM-9PM shifts.
Applications can be picked up in the office at 515 First Street or online at Cretepark.com For more information contact Janel or Nicole at 708-672-6969
Contact Phone: 708-672-6969